One of the first things we always do on a wedding day is start by photographing the details. Things like your jewelry and shoes are pretty common items, but what about the items you may forget about? Here are some of the most important things to have in your getting ready room.
1. Your Invitation Suite – Once you have sent out all your invitations, you may think that you’re all done with them. But bringing an extra one along on your wedding day will make such a huge difference in your detail photos. Not only do we photograph your invitation suite on its own, but we also like to use your invitations as a backdrop for other photos, such as for shots of your rings or other jewelry.
2. All three rings – Other people will tell you to give your rings to the best man before the morning begins that way they’ll have them for the ceremony. However, it’s actually beneficial to have all three rings with the bride in the getting ready room. That way we can photograph them all together with the rest of your details and those images will flow better for your wedding album. Then you can pass them off to the best man after the first look during bridal party photos.
3. All your jewelry – So you may be thinking “well, of course, I’m going to have all my jewelry!” But, it’s important to not put your jewelry on before we have a chance to photograph it. We also love to get some great images of you putting on your earrings, your mom helping you with your necklace or bracelet, or even the guys putting on their watch!
4. Details for the guys – That’s right gentlemen, we didn’t forget about you! The guys usually don’t have too many details but we love photographing all kinds of things from your shoes, ties, belts, watches, cufflinks, and any other little extras that make you look so dapper.
5. Something to eat and something to drink – If you listen to nothing else we’ve written in this post, at least listen to this tip! THE most important thing you can have in your getting ready room on your wedding day is some food and something to drink. This is especially true if your wedding takes place during the warmer part of the year. Once you leave the getting ready area, it could be hours before you get to the dinner at your reception so it’s important to make sure you’re taken care of. And we promise not to tell if you also happen to sneak in some mimosas….