They say that if you write down your goals, you’re 42% more likely to achieve them. With statistics like that, we just have to give it a try! If you’re anything like us you know that life can get pretty crazy and meeting your goals is not always the easiest thing to do.
We did a lot of growth in 2018 (including a whole rebrand, name change, and website redo!) so we’re ready to hit the ground running for 2019. Here are our top goals for the next year! We’re counting on you guys to keep us accountable!
1.Photograph at least 10 weddings. This is like our default goal every year. For the past 4 years we’ve well exceeded this goal and we hope that trend continues. We’ve already got one under our belt!
2. Find the perfect camera bag for Dani. This may seem like such a silly goal, but it is high on our list! Dani has had her camera backpack for almost all of the weddings we’ve shot and now, after all these years, the zippers are finally starting to give out. We’ve been on the hunt now for almost 6 months! If you have any recommendations, we’d love to hear them!
3. Enroll in Amy & Jordan’s Posing Course. We’re always all about education! My dad was a history teacher for over 20 years, so we really believe in continuing to try and grow in any way we can. We’ve done all of Amy & Jordan’s other courses and they’ve completely transformed our business in so many ways. Plus, those two make learning so much fun, we’re kind of addicted!
4. Clean out our closets! So this goal isn’t exactly business related but boy is it one of our biggest goals for the year! And if you know anything about how we love to shop…it’s definitely going to be quite the undertaking!
5. Have less clutter. This one kind of ties into the last goal but it’s a big enough one to warrant it’s own spot on our list! Over the last year we’ve started getting things like matching serving spoons for our kitchen. Now we have so many ladles and spatulas, it’s ridiculous!
6. Experiment more with different lenses. This one is more for Dani! Again we’re all about trying new things and growing wherever we can. This past year I finally convinced Dani to break out a little and try an 85mm lens (my absolute favorite), and she loved it! She loved it so much, she practically demanded we buy it the day after we returned the rental. I think she has the bug now!
7. Photograph more portrait sessions. We love wedding photography and photographing couples is definitely our passion. But it’s always fun to break the mold and photograph kids and families! If you’re looking for a portrait session, send us a message! We’d love to branch out every now and again!
8. Practice our handwriting/calligraphy. We may be a little old school but we are huge fans of handwritten notes. It just adds a little something extra we think and makes it more personal and fun! We’ve wanted to learn how to do fancy hand-lettering and calligraphy for a while now and I think this may be our year!
9. Take our pups for more walks! We have a pretty big backyard so we usually just let Emma, Ella, and Elliot out in the back and play fetch or just play with each other. We miss our casual strolls with our fur babies!
10. Be more authentic within our business. We always strive to be true to who we are and our beliefs within all aspects of our lives, and we wholeheartedly believe our business should be no different! We never want to have a business where it’s all about the money or what we can get out of people. Even just typing that gives me the willies! We’re all about loving people and serving them to the best of our abilities. If we can make a difference to someone either through our photography or just being a friend to them, we’re happy people.
So here’s to 2019! Let’s make it the best year yet! We can’t wait to come back to this list at the end of the year and see how we did!
[…] cannot believe that 2019 is almost over! And we’re rolling into a new decade?! What?! What better way to end the year […]